This morning, I had this crazy idea of tickling my mind. I asked myself, “Where will I be if I’m a billion dollar richer?”
Background: Every morning of my working day, I have at least 30 minutes of spare time while waiting for the shuttle service. Most of the time, those idle time is spent on reading books from the tablet my husband gave me. Sometimes, I spend the time watching movies from my company-issued cellphone. Often times, on having breakfast at a local fastfood chain (what an unhealthy way to start my day!).
So, today I decided to write down my random thoughts on how will I live my life if I am one billion dollar richer (not in order of importance). Though some can be done right now even if I don’t have a billion dollar (yet), I still listed them down:
- I will bring along my family and travel the world. From Maldives to Africa, from Paris to Brazil, from New Zealand to Bali – name it, we will see it!
- I will be a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). This is very close to my heart as I have been dreaming of this since I went back to work from my maternity leave. I want to witness all my son’s milestones – every yawn, every smile, every blink of his eye, every cry, every step.
- I will buy properties and build real estate properties. I will earn passive income from my investments.
- I will give generously to our church. I will share my blessings and devote more time (which I can’t as of the moment) on church activities.
- I will buy a 5-hectare property in Tagaytay where I will build a nice rest house overlooking a vast land of my organic farm. I will sell my harvests on a nearby market and serve dishes using organic veggies to my family.
- I will prepare home-cooked meals every day. I will make sure that my family will be served with healthy home-cooked meals free from preservatives and artificial ingredients.
- I will pursue my life-long dream of writing books. Yes, plenty of them! I don’t see myself writing just one book.
- I will devote 1 to 2 days a week on teaching the out-of-school youth or take part (again) on teachings students enrolled in ALS (Alternative Learning System). I always feel that education is the best gift I can give to our society.
- I will get enough insurance to pay-off the estate tax which will make my dependents worry-free.
- I will invest in stocks. I will continue to grow my assets so I can do more, share more, and bless more people.
- I will build an amusement park for the elderly. It’s such a bliss to see the elderly happy. I want to hear them giggle and laugh like a child as they enjoy their last days on earth.
- I will buy a property and build a nice house in Portofino where I and my family can live comfortably.
- I will buy a Hyundai Starex van which we can use on our out-of-town trips.
- I will enroll my son (and my future daughter) and my sister in he best educational institution. I will ensure that they will have a good and quality education.
- I will learn how to make a dress from scratch. At a young age, I dreamt of making dresses – from conceptualization to sewing the actual dress.
This list may not capture all my heart’s desires. But, these are the wishes and desires that I randomly thought when I asked myself the billion dollar question this morning.
Thank you, thank you, thank you for the blessings I am yet to receive.
Believing in an abundant life,